Saturday, July 16, 2011

Nebraska Kindergarten Conference

This past week, I had the honor of attending the Nebraska Kindergarten Conference in Kearney, Nebraska.  This year, I took a brave leap forward and was a presenter for one of the mini sessions.  It was a great experience.  I learned some wonderful ideas from the keynote speakers and others.   My head is spinning with all that I would like to try in my classroom this coming year.  My session that I presented on was about The Daily 5.  I have done the Daily 5 in my classroom for two years now and I love it.  I wanted to share what I knew with others so I thought I would give presenting a try.  There were about 50 teachers that attended my session that either knew about Daily 5 or had no clue.  I got some great comments and wonderful feedback.  I even got some good ideas from teachers that had been teaching it in their classroom.  It was a great experience and I was glad I was able to share my love of it to others.  I love when teachers share ideas and things they are passionate about and can encourage others.

0 comments:

Post a Comment