Saturday, September 8, 2012

Kindergarten & The Daily 5

I am exciting to share with you that my students are in full swing with the Daily 5. They have learned Read to Self and Work on Writing and are doing an AWESOME job. They are up to 15-20 minutes of each Daily 5. They were excited to learn what it was all about and they are very proud that they could read/write for that long. I have been doing Daily 5 in my classroom for 4 years now and I love it! Last year, my class was the exception so Daily 5 wasn't in full swing, but it's great to have it back and looking like it should be.

 Read to Self
She was acting like a teacher and reading to her students :)

 Work on Writing
I was a little worried about these 3 sitting together but they were quiet the WHOLE time doing what they needed to do! AMAZING!

 While students are doing The Daily 5, our Reading Teacher, my classroom para and I pull groups to work on reading skills. Here are the two in action, since I'm taking the pictures. :)


I can't wait to see what the ret of the year will bring with the The Daily 5. I know the kids are just excited to be part of this. I'll keep you all posted on how it all goes. We are off to a great start!

0 comments:

Post a Comment